MORE BODY turns 1! A Year in Review...
ON THE BRAND'S FIRST BIRTHDAY, FOUNDER MELINDA REFLECTS ON THE WILD RIDE OF A ROLLERCOASTER 12 MONTHS!
Who would have thought that seven months into launching MORE BODY we would be lunging and planking head first into a global pandemic. Like all of us, this came out of left field and we are certainly looking at the positives and being as philosophical as possible on where we are now and what the future holds. In short,
we very grateful for the incredible support that has been provided by each and every client, meeting you through our on-line store or in person is incredibly precious, so thank you for getting us to our first birthday smoothly.
The feedback we have received from the objective, to the subjective, from the raw to the real, to the endorsements and reviews... Grateful for and love them all.
Some fantastic moments have been met and if you cannot relish these on your first birthday, then when can you?! These are some of the highlights so far on the MORE BODY journey.
- David Jones - launching into Australia's premium department store as a new brand to market was pretty cool - they have committed to a more sustainable offering across all departments and we can say we were at the right time and the right place.
- MODE Sportif - really the chicest multi-brand retailer we know! They were an early supporter of MORE BODY and allowed us to play alongside some incredible brands.
- The Iconic - we love them, they get us, we get them - MORE BODY is proudly part of their Conscious Edit.
- The Langham Spa Sydney - who wouldn't want to be hanging around their fabulous spa?! They wanted to ensure their clients have workout wear at their fingertips and we were only too happy to provide.
- Best Sustainable Body Product - The Green Edit Awards, Sydney, March 2020
WORN + SPOTTED
- Wardrobe workout - I am so thrilled to have MORE BODY worn by the best in the business both in homeland Australia (from Sydney, to Melbourne, to Perth) and overseas (hello Auckland, London, New York, San Francisco, Atlanta and beyond)!
Pictured on @isawelly
Pictured on @maddykingfish
- Bricks as well as clicks - yes, we opened a pop-up store located at The Rocks in Sydney's CBD, on the harbour's edge... I opened the doors in March only to close two weeks later due to, you know what! We re-opened 1st July... and should be here for a few weeks more too. Absolutely loving this beautiful space!
- The sweet elixir to my life - without being inspired by movement, a sustainable active range would not have been created. It's something I wanted to do to feel better about my workout wear, knowing the fabrics we use, the factories we work with and the packaging leaves a lighter footprint on the planet. That helps me sleep better at night.
- The power of movement and the honour of instructing, private clients and groups is so rewarding and constantly motivates me to strive for betterment for these wonderful people at every class.
Pilates for the people! It was my pleasure to host 25 free virtual Pilates sessions during two months of of lockdown. I continue to offer fortnightly free pilates and community pilates at The Rocks every other Saturday.
STYLE THAT'S SUSTAINABLE (AND PRACTICAL!)
Education is constant and I lean more deeply into the vision for a truly sustainable activewear brand. Using exclusively ECONYL® 100% regenerated Nylon fibre from fishing nets and other nylon waste such as carpet tuffs in our stretch wear and super thrilled to share that to-date we have used 576.3 kg of regenerated nylon waste, of which 143.6 kg comes from regenerated commercial fishing nets. We use bamboo in our tanks, tees and tops and teamed up a few months ago with CarbonClick to provide an offset option at checkout. We have sourced additional suppliers of clever up-cycled fibres and fabrics and look forward to presenting these in future collections.
AND ON WE GO!
The future will be different but I still see the bright spots - if we have our health and focus on movement it only serves to enhance our physical and mental wellbeing. I feel excited about expanding MORE BODY further in the coming months, we feel it will challenge and stretch our grey matter and probably our leggings too!
Thank you again for being a part of the journey. Here's to the next part of the ride.
|MORE BODY SIZE
Refer to the measurement guide to find your size
|BODY MEASUREMENT GUIDE
|1. Upper Bust, circumference across fullest part of bust - CMs
|1. Upper Bust, circumference across fullest part of bust - Inches
|2. Waist, circumference across narrowest part of waistline - CMs
|2. Waist, circumference across narrowest part of waistline - Inches
|3. Hips, circumference across fullest part of hips - CMs
|3. Hips, circumference across fullest part of hips - Inches
Handy hint - try to measure yourself in front of a mirror so you can ensure the tape measure is aligned at front and back of torso when measuring bust, waist, hips.