Ayurvedic Moon Milk Recipe
Good sleep is so important for your state of wellbeing. From having energy and balanced hormones, to glowing skin and good mood, ensuring you get enough quality shut eye each night is vital.
As part of your nighttime routine, this Ayurvedic Moon Milk, featuring golden turmeric and adaptogenic ashwagandha, is a wonderful way to unwind from the day, whilst providing a dose of calming and anti-inflammatory ingredients to help prepare you for a peaceful and healing slumber.
AYURVEDIC MOON MILK RECIPE
- 250ml unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, coconut, cashew or hemp are delicious)
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1⁄4-teaspoon ground ashwagandha
1 pinch of each: ground cardamom, ground ginger & ground nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of black pepper
1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
1 teaspoon honey
- Simmer milk in a small saucepan to gently heat.
- Vigorously stir in turmeric, cinnamon, ashwagandha, and spices. Season with black pepper.
- Ensure there are no lumps. You can use an electronic hand held whisk or combine in a small blender if you desire.
- With the well combined mixture in the pan, add the coconut oil, reducing the heat to low.
- Continue stirring whilst heating for about 5-10 minutes to deeply infuse ingredients for maximum benefits and flavour.
- Remove and pour into a cup, add honey and enjoy by sipping mindfully with deep belly breathing.
- Snuggle into bed and welcome in a rejuvenating night's sleep.
|MORE BODY SIZE
Refer to the measurement guide to find your size
|BODY MEASUREMENT GUIDE
|1. Upper Bust, circumference across fullest part of bust - CMs
|1. Upper Bust, circumference across fullest part of bust - Inches
|2. Waist, circumference across narrowest part of waistline - CMs
|2. Waist, circumference across narrowest part of waistline - Inches
|3. Hips, circumference across fullest part of hips - CMs
|3. Hips, circumference across fullest part of hips - Inches
Handy hint - try to measure yourself in front of a mirror so you can ensure the tape measure is aligned at front and back of torso when measuring bust, waist, hips.