Conscious Thinking - Let's Talk About It
Thanks for arriving here because we know it's important for you to understand where your MORE BODY active wear is made, what fabrics are being used, manufacturing ethics and our packaging.
The mandate from the outset by brand founder, Melinda O'Rourke is to be as conscious as possible across design, fabric sourcing, manufacturing, fair work, fair pay, packaging etc. This is a core focus and at the foundation of every decision made.
Let's Talk Fabrics, Fibres and Suppliers
- >92% of our fabrics are made with ECONYL® 100% regenerated Nylon fibre from fishing nets and other nylon waste such as carpet tuffs. To-date we have used 576.3 kg of regenerated nylon waste, of which 143.6 kg comes from regenerated commercial fishing nets. This is worked back with Xtra-life Lycra.
- 7% of our fabrics - used in our t-shirts/tops is Bamboo. Bamboo is a fast growing, regenerating plant that requires little water and no pesticides. We are using a processed version of Bamboo which provides a gentle handle and is soft to touch. This is the last stage from combing out the bamboo fibres which are spun into threads, as this results in a raw, coarse fabric there is a chemical process to soften the fabric. The current composition of our tops is 95% Bamboo 5% Elastane.
- The remaining 1% of fabric is used in our jackets, this is a mix of Bamboo/Nylon and 100% polyester - the latter less than 0.4% of the range, which is not sustainable.
Let's Talk Manufacturing
- The bulk of our manufacturing currently is completed in a family run (more than 30 years old) business based in Xiamen Fujian, China. Melinda has visited the factory on several occasions and met with the team making MORE BODY from the patternmakers, to the graders, cut, make, sew, finish, QC through to packing. She has also worked in the factory and conducted QC alongside the team. They are a member of Amfori BSCI (a leading global business association for open and sustainable trade) and they undergo regular audits to trade with purpose and these are provided to us each year.
- The remaining manufacturing is completed through a trusted network of Sydney, Australia based patternmakers, cutters, graders and manufacturers. In addition we work with a factory based in Shanghai, China that directly owns four factories and has been awarded the Quality System Certificate of ISO9001:2000 by China Quality Certification Centre.
Let's Talk Packaging
- We have worked together with the the factories to reduce plastic packaging by consolidating sizes, styles, colours in bulk thus reducing individual plastic packaging. We are slowly transitioning to using bamboo and bio bags for future deliveries
- Plastic hangers - these are only used where mandated by our retail store/eCommerce partners, otherwise MORE BODY direct orders are hanger-free
- Direct orders via our website we use delivery satchels made from corn starch with a binding agent/resin that are fully compostable at home. The tissue paper is unbleached and the MORE BODY stickers are 100% recycled and compostable using matt-coated paper and non-toxic, food grade glue
Let's Talk Carbon Offset
- We have teamed up with CarbonClick, a kiwi company making it easy for people and businesses to help fight climate change. CarbonClick looks like a green button at checkout. When a customer clicks, it adds a small contribution to their transaction, to purchase carbon offsets. These offsets balance out the carbon emissions of the purchase.
The education and research process is ongoing to source elements that will ensure a lighter footprint on the planet. We are also mindful that this is dynamic and evolving and we have a responsibility to embrace sustainable decisions at every opportunity we can.
If you would like to know more about our conscious thinking or have feedback and /or suggestions, we would love to hear from you. Please drop us an email at: email@example.com
We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the lands on which we work, the Gadigal people of the Eora nation, and pay our respects to Indigenous Elders past, present and emerging. Sovereignty has never been ceded. It always was and always will be, Aboriginal land.
Please read and sign your support to the Uluru Statement From The Heart
We have been recognised and rated by Good On You as 'Good', a 4/5 overall rating. Read it here.